It’s summer holidays and your young kids will love this dot-to-dot to do online. No mess with pens, no wasted paper, just fun
Amazon have a deal which you might have missed if you weren’t looking, they have HALF price rentals for prime members on top movies (see list below). Rent for just £1.99 (Or even free*)
You can hire top film rentals on AMAZON PRIME UK
- Boss Baby
- Ghost Shell
- Kong Skull Island
- Beauty and the beast
- Fifty shades darker
- The great wall
- Get Out
- Lego Batman Movie
- Trainspotting 2
If you order certain things off Amazon Prime, you can get £1 off your rentals (or collect and pay for them in full) by choosing ‘no speed delivery’ in the delivery options. I have had two movie rentals free so far, and have enough money saved up for another two.
Terms & Conditions
The Prime Member Deals promotion only applies to Amazon Prime, Prime Video, Amazon Student or Household account members (“Qualifying Customers”) located in the UK who rent selected movies on Amazon Video accessible via http://www.amazon.co.uk/video between 09:00 on 12 July 2017 and 10:00 on 11 September 2017 (the “Promotional Period”).
During the Promotional Period, Qualifying Customers can purchase selected movies on Amazon Video identified as part of this Offer (each a “Qualifying Item”) at the indicated discount (the “Offer”).
Qualifying Items will be subject to change and will vary throughout the Promotional Period.
The Offer is only available to Qualifying Customers. Any customers who are not Qualifying Customers (including Non-Prime customers) are not eligible for the Offer. The Offer is only valid during the Promotional Period on Qualifying Items. Offer only applies to rentals of Qualifying Items purchased from the Amazon.co.uk site.
Qualifying Customers must complete their purchase of the Qualifying Items during the Promotional Period in order to take advantage of the Offer.
Amazon Video reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Offer without notice at any time.
A great freebie for comic lovers, and for kids in the school holidays! These comics are free to read online. Check freebie
We’ve discovered a new Amazon discount website, Elite deals! Similar Vipon and AMZdeals, they offer heavily discounted goods sold by Amazon. There aren’t as many products on this website, which in a way is nice as you don’t have pages and pages to scroll through. I’ve just bagged myself a kitchen utensil for just £1, saving £8.97! I also got a £18.99 electronic door bell for FREE. Check it out now you never know what you’ll find. Check freebie
Many things are discounted and several even FREE.
This lovely ladies watch is selling for just £1.66 DELIVERED. I’ve just ordered a few for gifts.Brilliant bargain! Check freebie
Ancestry is offering free access to their military records over the weekend, so why not go and make the most of it. Check freebie
Access to the records in the featured collections will be free from 00:01 BST 21 July until 23:59 BST 24 July, 2017. To view these records you will need to register for free with Ancestry.co.uk with your name and email address. We will then send you a username and password to access the records. After the free access period ends, you will only be able to view the records in the featured collections using an Ancestry.co.uk paid membership
Our military history is on our minds at the moment, with the Passchendaele centenary and the new Dunkirk film. Don’t miss this chance to track down your ancestors who served their country in WWII, WWI and earlier conflicts. From 21-24 July, get access to millions of records and find the military men and women in your family—all completely free.
In the UK, Energy companies have schemes for those people who are on certain benefits, low incomes or eligible in certain other ways (i.e disability). While each energy company may have different criteria and different times of application – it could benefit you £140 a year. I have just had an email from my energy company telling me about it, hence why I thought I would share it.
You need to apply every year for the benefit -directly to your energy company. If granted your energy account will be credited by £140, later in the year (it usually takes some months, so don’t worry if you haven’t heard).
As stated the criteria for each company can vary, but generally go along the lines of the following:
- In receipt of the Savings Element of Pension Credit only
- In receipt of Council Tax Reduction (excludes 25% single person’s discount)
- In receipt of Income Support
- In receipt of Income-based or Contribution-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- In receipt of Income-related or Contribution-based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- In receipt of Working Tax Credit
- In receipt of Housing Benefit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- In receipt of Child Tax Credit where the award statement shows a total annual household income of £16,190 or less
- In receipt of Universal Credit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- A total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- In receipt of Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- In receipt of any Income-related benefit which includes:
- a Carer’s Premium and Carer’s Allowance (for someone within the applicant’s household)
- OR Attendance Allowance (for the applicant or their partner)
- Hold a Maternity Exemption Certificate (MATEX)
- Hold a Medical Exemption Certificate (MEDEX)
- Hold a valid war pension NHS exemption certificate and the prescription is for your disability
- Are aged 62 and over
- Are disabled or someone else within the household has a disability
- Have a dependent child under 5 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- Have a dependent child aged 6 – 16 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant), or under 20 if in full-time education (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- In receipt of the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
If you think you may be eligible, it is worth contacting your energy company to see, a simple phone call or email could get you £140 towards those long cold winter nights.
It could also be worth checking to see if you could get a cheaper tariff – even with the provider you are with. If you go to a price comparison site, always remember to see if you can get Topcasback or Quidco for switching